Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joys of home coming...


I love to come home to find Jayda waiting in the window. Then she meets at the door and jumps around doing her little "wiggly butt" dance (think full body wag) and howling. Then after I put my bags down I get the full body tackle with kisses. It's almost worth being gone for a few days just to get the joy of homecoming.


Today when I got home I got extra special treatment. I got a good 10 minutes of love and attention from Jayda. When she finally let me up off the floor, she made a bee-line for the door. I thought she needed to potty, but she was making a get away. I went into the kitchen and found the surprise Jayda had left me. She must of got bored of watching Food Network on TV and decided to try her hand at cooking on her own. Cuz I had stuff everywhere!! A bag of hot dog buns, loaf a bread, chips, and croutons where relocated to the floor along with the entire contents of the recycle bin. Her deluxe doggy feeder had been moved to the center of the room and its contents had been thrown around. A toppled chair and vacuum finished off the chaos. I closed my eyes and walked down the hall to the bathroom. It was more like waded because she also decided to help rearrange the laundry I had separated in the hall way. Once I actually made it to the bathroom I found a empty Gatorade bottle in the bath tub.


I managed to get Jayda back inside and put her in time-out while I cleaned the mess up. I then sat down at my computer to catch up on emails. Jayda decided it was time to make a truce so she hopped up on the love seat and stuck her head over for me to pet her from where I sat in the computer chair. At the first sign of forgiveness she leaped off the love seat and into my lap. Jayda not being a good size to be a lap dog knocked me and the chair off-balance and all three of us went over backwards. As I was laying there on my back staring at the ceiling, Jayda (who managed to land on her feet) walked over and gave me kisses. I just busted out laughing. You can't stay mad at Jayda for long. It's good to me home!!

1 comment:

  1. Only Jayda! She's kind of like Bug in the "it's a good thing there's only one of her" department! :)

    ReplyDelete