Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm the worst Mommy ever...


Everyone knows I'm a little OCD when it comes to Jayda. I'm a little nuts with collars, coats, toe nail polish. The dog has her own "diaper bag" she takes with her on overnights to Grammy's and Aunt Min's. I'm the worst with Jayda and the Vet. If she gets a runny nose I think she needs to go to the doc. Most of the visits are usually needed as Jayda has had her share of trauma, but I admit I take it to extremes at times. Thus, last Thursday when she came home with her ear bugging her I decided I needed to let her tough it out. Well...my Mom had to persuade me to let her tough it out. I was all for calling off the SFO trip so I could rush her to the vet. I realized that was nuts even for me. So, off to SFO we went while Jayda stayed home. A day or so later she was fine...or so we thought. I woke up this morning to Jayda shaking her head uncontrollably and pawing at her ear. I looked in her ear to find a bunch of gunk draining out of it. Of course I freaked and called the vet. Buzz took her in this afternoon and guess what? Jayda had a grass seed stuck inside her ear. It was so deep she had to be knocked out in order to get it out. Plus she has to be on two different medications. I let my sweet puppy walk around with grass stuck in her ear for an entire week. I'm the worst Mommy ever. Good thing I don't have human children to neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment